Back to Article
The Stone Chapel
The Stone Chapel, St. John's, Newfoundland, 1858.

The move to the Stone Chapel on Queen's Road took place while Rev. George Schofield was serving as minister in the mid 1800's.

Original drawing by W.R. Best. From Charles de Volpi, Newfoundland: a Pictorial Record (Sherbrooke, Quebec: Longman Canada Limited, ©1972), 75.
Back to Article
Society, Economy and Culture - Table of Contents Site Map Search Heritage Web Site Home