(295-301 Water Street, St. John's)
The structure was one of the few to survive the Great Fire of July 8, 1892 that ravaged much of St. John's. Over the years the structure housed many businesses and at one point was a hotel. In 1916 the Bank of Nova Scotia demolished the eastern portion of the building to make room for their quarters.
The O'Dwyer Block was identified as a Registered Heritage Structure by the Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland in October 1988. This structure was also awarded the Southcott Award for heritage restoration by the Newfoundland Historic Trust.