St. Mark's Church
The first church built in Nipper's Harbour was St. Mark's Anglican church around 1845. It is therefore, one of the oldest surviving structures north of Twillingate on the northeast coast. At the time it was built, the population of Nipper's Harbour was exclusively Anglican, but by 1884 most of the population had converted to Methodism.
St. Mark's, built by James Harvey of St. John's, is a good example of the many small Anglican Churches built in Newfoundland and Labrador in the nineteenth century. The barrel-vaulted nave and chancel are part of the original neo-Gothic structure, but the tower and spire were additions.
Although the congregation has dwindled, St. Mark's continues to serve the spiritual needs of the Anglican residents of Nipper's Harbour. St. Mark's Anglican Church in Nipper's Harbour was designated a Registered Heritage Structure by the Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador in June 1988.