Battle Harbour Hospital, pre-1930
Battle Harbour Hospital, pre-1930

The Grenfell Mission opened its first Labrador hospital at Battle Harbour in 1893. Others followed at Indian Harbour (1894), Harrington Harbour (1906), North West River (1915), Cartwright (1936), and elsewhere.

Photographer unknown. Reproduced by the permission of the Maritime History Archive (PF-325.098), Memorial University, St. John's, NL.
Society, Economy and Culture - Table of Contents Site Map Search Heritage Web Site Home