St. Anthony, ca. 1920
The Grenfell Mission established a presence on Newfoundland's Northern Peninsula when it opened a year-round hospital at St. Anthony in 1901. The community became mission headquarters and Grenfell opened an orphanage and undenominational school there in 1904 and 1909, respectively.
Photographer unknown. Reproduced by the permission of the Maritime History Archive (PF-323.011), Memorial University, St. John's, NL.