Devon House and Devon Row, 2011
This photograph shows Devon House and Devon Row. Devon House, on the left, was built sometime between 1850 and 1880, and now houses the Craft Council of Newfoundland and Labrador. Devon Row, centre right, was built around the same time and demonstrates several early Second Empire design features, such as the mansard roof, hooded dormer windows on the top floor and bay windows below. Both Devon House and Devon Row just barely survived the Great Fire of 1892.
Photo by Keith Collier. ©2011, Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage Web Site.