Children at the St. Anthony Hospital, ca. 1922
The Commission of Government worked to improve child health and welfare in Newfoundland and Labrador. It opened a Child Welfare Clinic in St. John’s, emphasized the importance of health education in the country’s schools, provided funding for children wishing to attend the School for the Blind at Halifax, and created a Division of Child Welfare in the Department of Public Health and Welfare.
Photographer unknown. Reproduced by the permission of the Maritime History Archive (PF-325.036), Memorial University, St. John’s, NL.