Battle Harbour LORAN station, 1943
The US Coast Guard established LORAN stations at Mouse Island, Twillingate and Bonavista on the island, and at Battle Harbour in Labrador. The primary mission of these radio-navigation devices was to monitor U-boat activity and provide navigational aid to Allied vessels.
Photographer unknown. Reproduced by the permission of the Maritime History Archive (PF-306.944.006), Memorial University, St. John’s, NL.