Back to Article
Camp Alexander
Camp Alexander, 1941

Tents in Camp Alexander served as temporary quarters for American solders waiting for permanent barracks to be built at Fort Pepperrell. The camp, nicknamed ‘Tent City,’ was located between Military Road and Carpasion Road in St. John’s.

Photographer unknown. Reproduced by the permission of the Maritime History Archive (PF-306.183), Memorial University, St. John’s, NL.
Back to Article
Natural Environment - Table of Contents Site Map Search Heritage Web Site Home