Moving Building Materials, ca. 1942
Workers building a repeater station near St. Andrew’s move materials up a steep mountainside. St. Andrews is located in the southwest corner of Newfoundland, northwest of Port aux Basques. The American military built repeater stations across Newfoundland to establish an island-wide communications network.
Photographer unknown. Reproduced by the permission of the Maritime History Archive (PF-306.1017), Memorial University, St. John’s, NL.