Government House

Government House, 1851
Drawn by W. R. Best, the sketch shows the south side of Government House. The main entrance, on the north side of the residence, faced the farms on the outskirts of St. John's.

From Charles de Volpi, Newfoundland: a Pictorial Record (Sherbrooke, Quebec: Longman Canada Limited, ©1972), 71.




Site and Contents ©2000, Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage Web Site Project,
Memorial University of Newfoundland unless otherwise stated.
Home Home Search Site Map Back To Article Home Search Site Map