Governor's Game: Additional Instructions
These instructions are for selecting a Governor's name from the drop-down list box.
It addresses the problem of there being no scrollbar to view the complete contents of
the list box and is aimed at the following browsers.
- Netscape Navigator 2.0, Netscape Navigator 2.01, Navigator Netscape 2.02
- Internet Explorer 3.0, Internet Explorer 3.01, Internet Explorer 3.02
Problem / Solution:
- You can access the contents of the drop-down list box by clicking on it anywhere.
- The scrollbar which you see in the picture here is a screen-shot taken from
a newer version of Netscape. It is the abscence of this scrollbar that has made these
- Observe the screen-shot below taken from Netscape 2.0.
Here we see that there is no scrollbar and only 13 of the 20 items in the list can be seen
('Select a Person', '----------------' and 18 Governor's names make up 20 items).
- There is a simple solution however, after you click on the drop-down list box to
access its contents, use the UP and DOWN arrow keys on your keyboard to select the item
from the list. By using your arrow keys you will be able to scroll through all 20 items.