Baltimore Coat of Arms, Ferryland.
This coat of arms belonged to Sir George Calvert, Lord Baltimore, who arrived in 1627 and
founded a colony of English Catholics at Ferryland. However this was a short-lived endeavour,
as Baltimore quickly abandoned his colony due to the harsh winter climate.
Photo courtesy of John de Visser. Taken from Harold Horwood and John de
Visser, Historic Newfoundland (Toronto: Oxford University Press, ©1986).