Stone-lined Well South of the Downs House
South of the Downs house, and slightly up hill, was this stone-lined
well, about 25 feet deep. Glass and ceramics from the bottom of the well
cross-mended with material from the house. The well appears to have been
in use from the latter part of the 1600s until it was filled about 1800.
Reproduced by permission of the Colony of Avalon Foundation,
Ferryland, Newfoundland, © 2001.