Bottle seals: References
Seventeenth- and Eighteenth-century
Bottle Seals Excavated at Ferryland,
- Armstrong, William
- 1970 The Diary of Samuel Pepys. University of California Press. Berkeley.
- Ashurst, Denis
- 1987 Excavations at the 17th- 18th century Glasshouse at Bolsterstone and the
18th century Bolsterstone Pothouse, Stockbridge, Yorkshire. Post-Medieval
- Berry, Sir John
- 1675 A List of ye Planters Names with an account of their concerns from Cape de
Raze to Cape Bonavista: viz. Public Record Office 1/35, 16.
- Bray, William. Editor
- 1907 The Diary of John Evelyn. J. M. Dent & Sons, Ltd. London
- Buckley, Francis
- 1932 Old English Glass. The Antique Collector 3(8):191-193.
- Dumbrell, Roger
- 1983 Understanding Antique Wine Bottles. Antique Collectors' Club.
- Hudson, J.
- 1961 Seventeenth Century Wine Bottles and Seals Excavated at Jamestown.
Journal of Glass Studies 3:78-89.
- Johnson, Matthew
- 1996 An Archaeology of Capitalism. Blackwell Publishers Inc. Massachusetts.
- Kennedy, Earl
- 1980 Interim Report on the Family of George Davis (died 1789), Merchant
of Carbonear, Poole and London. On file at the Maritime History
Archive, Memorial University of Newfoundland. St. John's.
- Matthews, Keith
- 1987 Name Files. On file at the Maritime History Archive, Memorial University of
Newfoundland. St. John's.
- Morgan, Roy
- 1976 Sealed Bottles: Their History and Evolution (1630-1930).Midlands
Antique Bottle Publishing. Burton-on-Trent, Staffshire, England.
- Noel Hume, Ivor
- 1969 A Guide to Artifacts of Colonial America. Alfred A. Knopf. New York.
- Pope, Peter
- 1993 Documents Relating to Ferryland 1597-1726, a Textbase, Including
Original Transcriptions. Report on File at the Colony of Avalon
Foundation, Ferryland Newfoundland.
- Ruggles-Brise, Sheelah
- 1949 Sealed Bottles. Country Life. London.
- Thorpe, W. A.
- 1938 The Glass Sellers Bills at Woburn Abbey. Journal of the Society of Glass
Technology pp. 165-205.
- Wills, Geoffrey
- 1977 The Bottle-Collector's Guide John Bartholomew & Son Ltd., London.
©1999, John Wicks
Archaeology Unit, Memorial University of Newfoundland