Right - Gold finger ring consisting of a fine chain, two small bands and a twisted
gold wire, found in a layer dating
to the last years of the 17th century. It may have been lost during
the French attack on September 21, 1696.
Left - Gold finger ring with cross-hatched decoration,
found only two metres from the other ring and probably lost at
the same time. The two rings are of different sizes.
Reproduced by permission of the Archaeology Unit, Memorial University of Newfoundland,
St. John's, Newfoundland.