Newfoundland's first book of English poetry, by Robert Hayman. Originally published in London by
Elizabeth Allde in 1628. The front page reads 'Quodlibets, Lately Come Over from New Britaniola,
Old Newfound-land: Epigrams and other small parcels, both Morall and Divine. The first foure
Bookes being the Authors owne: the rest translated out of that Excellent Epigrammatist, Mr. John
Owen, and other rare Authors: With two Epistles of that excellently wittie Doctor, Francis Rablais:
Translated out of his French at large. All of them Composed and done at Harbour-Grace in Britaniola,
anciently called Newfound-Land / By R.H. Sometimes Gouernour of the Plantation there.'
Copy courtesy of the Centre for Newfoundland Studies, Memorial University
Library, St. John's, Newfoundland.