Fogo United Church (Fogo)
A devastating fire destroyed the first Fogo Methodist Mission's church and much of Fogo Island in 1875. Within two years, Fogo's small Methodist community of approximately 140 people rebuilt the church. Its austere appearance shows the modest temperament of the people who donated their efforts and talents into rebuilding their place of worship.
Since 1925 the church has been part of the United Church of Canada. In 1948 a bell tower was added. The structure is vacant, as one central United Church has been built for all the United Church residents of Fogo Island.
The Heritage Foundation of Newfoundland and Labrador declared Fogo United Church a Registered Heritage Structure in May 1997.