Back to Article
Roman Catholic Chapel
The Old Chapel and Palace, n.d.

The chapel, constructed in 1786, was small and L-shaped. The palace, on the right, was added later as a residence for the bishop.

Artist unknown. From Benevolent Irish Society (St. John's, NF), Centenary volume, Benevolent Irish Society of St. John's, Newfoundland, 1806-1906 (Cork, Ireland: Guy & Co., 1906) 36.
Back to Article
Society, Economy and Culture - Table of Contents Site Map Search Heritage Web Site Home