St. John's, c. 1785
Unknown artist. A detail of St. John's from a painting entitled "View of the Upper end of the Harbour from a little below Fort William." It shows an area between the waterfront at the eastern half of the harbour to Fort Townshend at the top of the hill. The upper path ran parallel to the waterfront cutting somewhere through the upper half of the houses in this picture.

Courtesy of the National Archives of Canada (NAC: C-3372).


Partnered Project Heritage Web Site Project
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Home Search Heritage Web Site Guest Book Site Map Heritage Web Site Top of Page