WPA members at Government House, ca. 1914-1916
The Women’s Patriotic Association (WPA) was at the forefront of a large civilian volunteer movement in Newfoundland and Labrador during the First World War. By the end of the war, the WPA’s membership exceeded 15,000 women working in more than 200 branches across the country.
Courtesy of the Provincial Archives of Newfoundland and Labrador (PANL B-5-173), St. John’s, NL.