Argentia Naval Base, 1943
Three years earlier, this site had been a small fishing community. Its 477 residents had been relocated to other parts of the island by 1942 to make way for the American air naval base.
Photographer unknown. Reproduced by the permission of the Archives and Manuscripts Division (Coll. 109 5.01.004), Queen Elizabeth II Library, Memorial University, St. John's, NL.