Government House, 1851

Government House, 1851
Governor Thomas Cochrane commissioned the building of Government House during his 1825-1834 term. The structure has served as home to every Governor and Lieutenant Governor of Newfoundland and Labrador since 1828.

From Charles de Volpi, Newfoundland: A Pictorial Record (Sherbrooke, Quebec: Longman Canada Limited, 1972), 71.
Government and Politics - Table of Contents Site Map Search Heritage Web Site Home