St. John's in 1851, Looking West
A view of St. John's from Government House. The Colonial Building can be seen in the right foreground, while the Catholic Cathedral of St. John the Baptist lies in the centre background of the image. The original sketch, titled St. John's, Newfoundland. From the Domain of Government House, Looking West, was drawn by W.R. Best in 1851.

From Charles de Volpi, Newfoundland: a Pictorial Record (Sherbrooke, Quebec: Longman Canada Limited, ©1972) 74.




Site and Contents ©2000, Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage Web Site Project,
Memorial University of Newfoundland unless otherwise stated.
Home Home Search Site Map Back To Article Home Search Site Map