View From the North Side of Quidi Vidi Lake
A detail of a sketch from the north side of Quidi Vidi Lake showing most of the important buildings in St. John's. To the left are Government House and the Colonial Building. To the right are Bonaventure College, the Roman Catholic Cathedral of St. John the Baptist, and the convent. The original sketch appeared in the Canadian Illustrated News, August, 1872.

From Charles de Volpi, Newfoundland: a Pictorial Record (Sherbrooke, Quebec: Longman Canada Limited, ©1972) 124.




Site and Contents ©2000, Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage Web Site Project,
Memorial University of Newfoundland unless otherwise stated.
Home Home Search Site Map Back To Article Home Search Site Map