Fort Townshend, ca 1796
A detail from a painting of St. John's in 1796, showing Fort Townshend in the top centre.

Courtesy of the Centre for Newfoundland Studies Archives, (ENL Photographic Collection), Memorial University, St. John's, and the Public Archives of Canada.




Site and Contents ©2000, Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage Web Site Project,
Memorial University of Newfoundland unless otherwise stated.
Home Home Search Site Map Back To Article Home Search Site Map