Map of the island of Newfoundland, 1768.
This 18th-century English map of Newfoundland shows the
limits of the French Shore, as specified in the Treaty of
Utrecht (1713) and Treaty of Versailles (1783). The designated
limits encompassed Cape Bonavista, Cape John, Point Riche, and
Cape Ray, and St. Pierre - shown here as St. Peter's Island.
Courtesy of the National Archives of Canada / C-087924.
From Peter Neary and Patrick O'Flaherty, Part of the Main: An
Illustrated History of Newfoundland and Labrador (St. John's,
Newfoundland: Breakwater Books, ©1983) 41.