Large Stone Barn or Byre
Sometime after mid-century, perhaps following the Dutch raid of 1673,
the waterfront warehouse was dismantled and replaced by a large stone
barn or byre (outlined by the white rectangle). The south wall of the
warehouse was incorporated into this feature and the floor level raised
by about 60cm (two feet).
Reproduced by permission of the Colony of Avalon Foundation,
Ferryland, Newfoundland, © 2001.