Introduction
Video Clip

Image Sources


Walking Tour

History of the Colony of Avalon

Archaeology

The Artifacts

Visiting the Colony of Avalon







The Colony of Avalon:
Image Sources

Home page images:

Roman Catholic or Anglican ornate iron cross Reproduced by permission J. A. Tuck, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland.

1693 map of Ferryland From D.W. Prowse, A History of Newfoundland from the English, Colonial, and Foreign Records, 2nd edition (London: Eyre and Spottiswoode, 1896) 111. Caption beneath image reads, "Ferryland, showing Baltimore's House. From Fitzburgh's map, 1693." Image modified by Duleepa Wijayawardhana, 1999.

History logo Reproduced by permission of the Colony of Avalon Foundation, Ferryland, Newfoundland. Image modified with permission by Duleepa Wijayawardhana, 1999. Detail from David Webber's painting of the 1620s forge.

Walking Tour logo ©1998, Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage Web Site Project.

Archaeology logo ©1998, Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage Web Site Project.

Artifacts logo ©1998, Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage Web Site Project.

Visiting logo ©1998, Newfoundland and Labrador Heritage Web Site Project.


Seal Reproduced by permission of the Archaeology Unit, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland. Image modified with permission by Duleepa Wijayawardhana, 1999.

Top of Page





Partnered Project Heritage Web Site Project
Memorial University of Newfoundland
Heritage Web Site Project Site Map Search Home Search Home Site Map Visiting the Colony of Avalon Artifacts Archaeology History of the Colony of Avalon Walking Tour